Founded in 1974 by professional dance educators Jayne Poor and Chuck Hoenes, Rockford Dance Company was created to provide the community with a school focused on the art of dance through classical ballet training.
Over the past forty years, RDC has evolved to include other genres of dance: modern, hip hop, jazz and tap, as well as courses for the health and fitness enthusiast.
Rockford Dance Company pursues excellence in the art of dance through performance, education, and outreach.
- Support a company of dancers primarily from the Rockford region
- Challenge the Company dancers with a rigorous training, rehearsal, and performance schedule driven by excellence
- Provide strong school programming through class offerings for all ages at multiple locations and offer financial assistance for those in need
- Encourage the impact of dance within our community through a vibrant outreach program
- Expand audience development and donor support that sustains the ongoing growth of a dance organization committed to its community